Is life getting you stressed? Do you feel as if you don’t have time to take a break? If so, then it may be time to recharge.
Here are some strategies we’ve found helpful when recharging and getting in some quality time:
- Meditate – Take your mind off everything. And, we mean ev…ver…ry…thing! Even if it’s for five or ten minutes during the day, take a seat, dim the lights, close your eyes, and breathe. Focus on your breathing, as you inhale and exhale through your nostrils. Whether you choose to do this during the morning, afternoon, or in the evening, it’s a great way to calm and recenter your mind and body.
- Plan a friends’ night out – Catching up with friends and family is a great way to destress and reconnect with the awesome people in our lives.
- Have a movie night – Pop in some DVDs or binge watch your favorite shows on Netflix and laugh the layers of stress away!
- Soak in the sun – Boost those endorphins and get some vitamin D while you’re soaking in the rays of sunshine. Please remember to wear sunscreen when heading outdoors :).
- Nosh on some healthy snacks – We love snacking on nuts, fruits and veggies. The nutrients energize our bodies and boost our mood!
- Get active! – Hiking, biking, boating…enjoy activities that get your body going to help the blood flow and oxygenate your system. It’s an ideal way to decompress and to take your mind off of the daily stressors in our lives.
Doing the right things to destress can help to relieve the body of the potentially damaging effects that stress can cause to our emotional and physical well-being. At the end of the day, do what you can. And, your mind and body will learn to let go. To recenter. And, to refocus on the more important things in life.
Thank you for being kind to your body.