Enter to Win! We partnered with doNYC for a special Mother’s Day Giveaway!
Only three days left to enter for a chance to win our coveted Avocado Moisturizers 3-Pack Gift Set! The set includes an Avocado Lavender, Avocado Rose, and Avocado Lemongrass Moisturizers!
Click on the link to enter now http://donyc.com/p/win-a-mothers-day-skin-care-pack !
Our Avocado Moisturizers are our NS Fans favorites!
…Sarah B.! Sarah won The New Yorker Package that includes some of our multitasking essentials. Congratulations Sarah and thank you for subscribing!
Are you a minimalist? Do you travel light? We do! In our evening bag, you’ll find our multitasking faves! An under Eye Serum that multitasks as a facial moisturizer. A Roll On moisturizer that multitasks as an all-natural perfume and aromatherapy. And, an All-Natural Hand Sanitizer that multitasks as a deodorant, room fresher, and surface cleaner. Let’s lighten your daily load with one of our newest package sets!
Open to US residents only. No purchase necessary. One winner will be selected at random at the end of the entry period.
Winner will be contacted by email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or if a selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No substitutions are permitted. Prize may not be exchanged and may not redeemed for cash.
Limit one entry per email address.
We’re excited to be partnering with West Elm on Broadway for a two-day LOCAL Showcase that features locally hand-picked and unique artisan products! Come shop our products at West Elm this Labor Day weekend. We look forward to seeing you there!
We partnered with the Museum of the City of New York for a vendor showcase on Friday, August 19th! As we shared our story and customers experienced our products, they also explored the various museum exhibits that celebrate the city’s “heritage of diversity, opportunity, and perpetual transformation.” We had a wonderful time and there’s more to come, so stay tuned!
Open daily: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Temperatures are rising. Another Summer heat wave is upon us. And, when it gets hot, we sweat! It’s our body’s cooling system to help us maintain our body’s temperature.
When this happens, while some may go au natural, others seek underarm deodorant and antiperspirant products that help to minimize sweat and odor. There are many products made with all natural and organic ingredients, products that are better for the body since chemicals and toxic ingredients can be absorbed through our skin. And, in this case, they can directly affect our lymph nodes and breast tissue.
Some ingredients often used in underarm deodorants and antiperspirants that can harm our bodies include:
- Aluminum Compounds – (eg. Aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium) These ingredients are used to plug up sweat ducts so that we don’t perspire. Yet, they can be absorbed into the body, affect hormone levels, and can be carcinogenic.
- Fragrance – The terms “fragrance” and “parfum” can represent up to 3,500 chemicals.
- Parabens – (eg. methylparaben, benzylparaben, ethylparaben) Often used as artificial preservatives, these chemicals can affect hormonal levels and have been linked to breast cancer.
- Phthalate – Chemical compounds used to soften plastics and give products a smoother texture.
- Propylene Glycol – A petroleum-based ingredient that can cause neurotoxicity and liver and kidney damage.
- Silica – This ingredient has been linked to cancer and shown to irritate skin.
- Talc – An ingredient used to absorb moisture and can be carcinogenic.
- Triclosan – A chemical classified by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as a pesticide and has been linked to cancer.
So, when you’re choosing deodorants and antiperspirants that are better for your body, be cognizant of the chemicals and artificial fragrances that may be listed in the product ingredients. Choose products that are free of toxic ingredients or try going au naturel. Your body will thank you for it :).
Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
Open to US residents only. No purchase necessary. Entry period ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, May 1, 2016. Three winners will be selected at random at the end of the entry period.